Monday, July 23, 2007

Infected by Trinoma

A new frontier disease is lurking at the northernmost terminus of the MRT station, and the Ayala elites call it Trinoma. Haha!

Well, I just can't seem to stop wondering why this mall is called Trinoma. It really sounds like a disease - I've known a number of people, coming from my friends and from some individuals of the Web, who would agree on this. Trinoma can seemingly be listed on a medical book together with carcinoma, helanoma, adenoma, lymphadenoma, neurinoma and seminoma. Even its "root word" noma (as I assume tri- to be a prefix, which indicates the triangular area covered by the mall) is defined by WordNet as an acute ulceration of the mucous membranes of the mouth or genitals; often seen in undernourished children.

OK... enough of the blah blah....

Trinoma, according to a WordPress blog I saw last week, is named as such to mean Triangle North of Makati/Manila. Gosh... I think the choice of acronym is plain feebleness. Anyway....

Last Saturday, I was there. Yes I was... to meet my college clique for another "chaotic" reunion.

As I'd known it to be, Trinoma was still in it's soft opening phase, with several unopened stores and sections. Below are some pictures I took while lingering inside the 4-level infrastructure.


Facade 01 Facade 02 Activity Center - The Atrium of the Mall
Cinemas on the Fourth Level Food Choices

No comments: